How to Start Volunteering
Application form for prospective volunteers
Please download form and send to:
Linda Crook, Volunteer Coordinator
Partners in Mission Food Bank
140 Hickson Avenue
Kingston, Ontario K7K 2N6
Or call directly: (613) 544-4534 and ask for Linda
Partners in Mission Food Bank could virtually not exist without the loyalty, dedication and support of volunteers, people just like you who want to give back to their community. Many of our volunteers have been with our agency since it began, but we are always in need of extra hands.
Our team of volunteers consists of individuals who continually devote both their time and skills on a regular basis in an effort to make a positive impact on hunger and the food needs of the community.
Volunteering takes no resources and has no age limits. Commitment and energy is enough. It provides opportunities to make new friends, contribute to your community, raise your confidence and help you remain physically and mentally active, all while making a difference in someone’s life.
Our volunteers provide essential services in many ways:
- Assemble daily food orders for service users
- Sort all our food donations
- Breakdown bulk items into usable sizes
- Pack loose eggs into cartons
- Keep the warehouse clean and safe
- Provide helpful input to other volunteers and staff
- Make new volunteers welcome and comfortable
- Provide training and supervision
- Pass along information about the food bank to other prospective volunteers, family, friends and the community